Prepping for National Poetry Month

Yup.  April is coming.  Sunshine will return. And with it we will celebrate National Poetry Month.

Do you celebrate National Poetry Month in your classroom?  I loved teaching poetry.  There are so many different things you can do with it, read it, write it, and of course, my favorite: play games about it! :)

Perhaps you can snag some of my old poetry games and resources (if you haven't already) AND grab this brand-spanking new one I just made this morning.

{while this was going on in the background}
{Clara likes to empty out any and every drawer she can get her hands on...}

Poetry Mini Unit
This first product was one of my very first products posted on TpT and it has remained a top seller (currently #3).
It includes a mini bulletin board set, student activity sheets to analyze a poem as well as graphic organizers to help them write their own poetry.  

The next three are freebies that I've created that include fun games to help your students practice different poetry skills.  You gotta check them out:

Poetry Discussion Spinner
When you tell your students to have a discussion about poetry (or anything for that matter) you sometimes get the "blink-blink" blank stares.  So, I created this spinner to help get the discussion flowing.  It worked great with my students and I hope it does for yours too!  You can grab it by clicking the picture above.  It's also always available under "poetry" in my literacy games archives.

Poetry Elements
I created this game to give students a chance to review their knowledge of poetry elements.  This makes for a perfect individual literacy center.  Find it for free right here!

And the newest one I've created:  a fun board game for students to practice telling the difference between metaphors and similes.
Turned out cute, right?  It's my newest upload onto TpT and can be downloaded for free here!

I hope at least one of these catches your eye :).  Let me know if you give them a try in the comments below.