This made my day...

Hi everyone!  Hope your week is off to a good start!

I got an email over the weekend that just completely made my day and I wanted to share it with everyone!  I recently posted a novel unit on Because of Winn-Dixie and I had one teacher in Ohio contact me and this is what her email said:

We have been using your new unit on Winn Dixie in our classroom.  We have loved it.  Today we had our Winn Dixie party complete with dump punch, egg salad sandwiches, and pickles.  The center of our party was our tree.  I thought you might enjoy pictures of it.  Thanks so much for your thoughtful work.  I teach in a very poverty ridden urban school and these children absolutely needed this writing assignment. We are now using your plant interactive notebook and will use your force and motion one next year.  Thanks again

In the book, one of the characters has a tree in her backyard with bottles hung from the branches.  Each bottle represented a mistake that this character has made in her life.  One of the end-of-unit activities has students complete their own bottle:

This is the picture that this teacher sent me of her class bottle tree:

Didn't it turn out amazing!?  Wow!  I love seeing and hearing about how teachers use my resources in their classroom!  This is why Teachers Pay Teachers is such an awesome resource for teachers!  You get to actually make connections with the people using your stuff!  Love it!

Have a wonderful day everyone!